What is Veteran Adventures?
- Community building for veterans and current military personnel
- Present challenging and adventurous opportunities to strengthen bonds between veterans and current military personnel
- Show support and gratitude for the sacrifice that our servicemen and women have made
- Provide veterans and current military personnel with alternatives for mental health assistance without the stigma of traditional mental health avenues
- Foster a healthier veteran population
Who can participate in Veteran Adventures?
Veteran Adventures is open to all Post 9/11 veterans, student veterans, and members of the National Guard, the Reserves and the Registered Officers' Training Corps.
Below are the current featured trips or events
Veteran Adventure's Mission
SIU Veteran Adventures’ mission is to ease the transition from military life to civilian life for veterans.
Support Veteran Adventures:
View our Sponsorship Brochure below, then click here to support the Veteran Adventures Program.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park:
Register online here.
Spring Break: March 11-19: Only $50
This trip will take you to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for eight days of backpacking. Veterans will get the chance to explore the mountains, streams, and waterfalls of Tennessee.
Informational meetings: Find out more information about the Smoky Mountains trip at the following times:
- Tuesday, February 17 at 6 p.m. in the DeJarnett American Heritage Room on the 3rd floor of SIU's Morris Library.
- Wednesday, March 1 at 6 p.m. in the DeJarnett American Heritage Room on the 3rd floor of SIU's Morris Library.
For more information, please contact Shane Brady at 618/453-1121 or by email at email@example.com.